February 3, 2006

argumentum ex silentio

the politics of truth
no, let me correct
the policy of truthfulness
or better phrased:
honesty may come cheap and nasty
yet, not as much as dishonesty
and the conclusion is,
we are bound within our language
this very specific language
hence,
we are also confined in our silence
trapped into this limbo
between le langage and le silence
c’est la possibilité de la parole contre toi

could you please be more specific?
yes, I will be. I hope I would.
language is the limit of our existence
we dwell in our language
and sure,
language comes before our existence
we are born into it.
so, beyond this language is non-existence
we do not have a means to reach this other realm.
it is beyond our reach.
so, it logically follows from all these
that
what cannot be phrased,
that which cannot be put into words
does not exist.

2 comments:

banalidadesdebase said...

Fantastic!
I´m pleased to learn every day.
Directions, meanings, anything!...
I´m learning with you, every posting,
wondering who is the magician that composes life so special.
I´m smiling too!
Gratias!

alice in wonderland said...

I'm smiling too!
Don't we learn most from our fallacies? And I wonder why we crave to make sense of life when it is full of Non Sequiturs.
Gratias!