June 6, 2006

unuseful lists # 1 (titles)

there is a good reason to start making useless lists, since I am so tired of making to-do lists, shopping lists, books to be read lists, which after a certain amount of time proves to have not much bearing on the outcome. Maybe, this is just the point of making a to-do list: so that I can organize my mind while making it, and eventually having to make a new one again and again.

I want to make lists, which will have no pressure on me. And the first one goes for the titles of books and albums, songs or movies, whatever, the titles which I like very much, eventhough I may not like or be familiar with the works themselves. This is a titles list, as taken distinct from the work itself, its author, genres, whatever, some of which are enjoyed for the combination of sounds. Of course, as with all lists, this one will need to be enlarged, but since it is useless, not to be revised and revised and revised, over and over again... (Which all goes for not confessing that I am lazy :=)

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
Way to Blue
Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics
Sanatçının Bir Genç Adam Olarak Portresi
The Book of Disquiet
Subterranean Homesick Blues
Clair de Lune
The Name of the Rose
I like Chopin
Farawaysoclose
Jude the Obscure
Kızarmış Yeşil Domatesler
Continuity of Parks
Some Like It Hot
Stories from the city, stories from the sea
Great Expectations
Saatleri Ayarlama Enstitüsü
Hiroshima Mon Amour
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

2 comments:

banalidadesdebase said...

And there is other one.
I am sad, so sad at at the moment, with a pile of to-do lists that can't even get started...
And I think I should simply making unuseful lists, with no pressure whatsoever on me.
I like your list, i could copy 4 or five, for my first unuseful list - the ones i know and loved, to hear, sing and see -
I want to start today to fight this boredom, with my first unuseful list.
The first one of my list will be:
Round Ireland with a fridge

:)thanks for my first good smile of the day!!!

alice in wonderland said...

:)
Thanks for being an inspirational visitor who happens to carry poems in the pocket. In fact, all lists are boring, even the unuseful ones. However, I think my next list will be "the foods I've never eaten and do not wish to".