March 30, 2006

a change in melody, a shift of rhythm happened and I consistently look out for the tunes which are not exhausted, in one way or another.

but here is a song which goes in every moment and place, which, I find, never loses its novelty. 


There was a boy...
A very strange enchanted boy.
They say he wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea,
A little shy and sad of eye
But very wise was he.

And then one day,
A magic day, he passed my way.
And while we spoke of many things,
Fools and kings,
This he said to me,
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return."

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return."

Nature Boy

2 comments:

banalidadesdebase said...

I found the song and I played it - the version of Nat king Cole!

I'm making the question to myself: what was the greatest thing I ever learned and I agree with the lyric, I can't find a greater thing! (at least at this late hour...)

:)

alice in wonderland said...

:)
I hope you enjoyed it. I have a version of Ella Fitzgerald with Joe Pass in guitar.
and me neither...